Power pakcked cookies for Christmas
These little plant based cookie gems are rich in fiber and healthy fat and low in processed sugar, making a great treat to add to your baking catalogue for Christmas or all year round. Whole grain oats add fiber and almond butter adds healthy fats and protein which helps maintain energy levels while enjoying a little treat without spiking blood glucose levels.
- Gluten free
- Dairy free
- 1 cup almond butter
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 egg
- 3 tbsp molasses
- 1 cup oat flour
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp ginger
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Pre-heat oven to 350F and line a baking sheet with parchment.
- Add almond butter, vanilla, egg and molasses to a bowl to mix or a blender and blend.
- Add dry ingredients to wet mix in a mixing bowl. This mix will be wet and sticky and hard to work with. Wet your hands a little with water if you need when working it all together. If it is a little crumbly, wetting your hands to form your cookie balls helps too.
- Place in oven and bake for about 15 minutes give or take. Always keep an eye on your baking as it can vary.
- Let cool completely and enjoy!