Go gluten fre with this grain free tabouli!
Love the flavors of a traditional tabouli salad but looking for a gluten free version? Skip the bulgar and try this grain free variety with grated cauliflower instead. Swap in some quinoa to up the protein content if desired. Low carb, high fiber and full of fresh herbs and Mediterranean goodness, this tabouli makes a great summer salad for those hot evenings. Add your favourite grilled protein along side for a full meal or take left overs for work for the week.
- Gluten free
- Dairy free
- Refined sugar free
- Nut free
- Mediterranean diet friendly
- Cleanse program friendly
- 3 cups grated cauliflower, alternatively, replace a cup of cauliflower with a cup of cooked quinoa for more protein
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- Shake of salt and twist of pepper
- 2 stalks celery, finely sliced
- 1 cup cucumber, cubed
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup green or red onions, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh chives, finely chopped
- 1-2 tbsp basil or mint, finely chopped
- With a box grater, grate about half a medium size cauliflower and place into a large mixing bowl. Swap out a cup of quinoa to replace the cauliflower for more protein if desired.
- Add lemon juice and olive oil to bowl of grated cauliflower with a twist of salt and pepper and set aside as you chop the rest of the veggies.
- Add all other ingredients and toss to combine.
- Top with extra roasted pumpkin or sunflower seeds if desired or add a can of rinsed and drained chickpeas for more substance.