A quick energy “pick me up” you can feel good eating!
These little energy bites are sugar free, full of healthy fats and protein and a great snack to satisfy a mid day craving. They are also made completely with raw food ingredients.
- Gluten free
- Dairy free
- Refined sugar free
- Raw food diet friendly
- 1/2 cup soaked cashews, overnight or flash soaked (pour boiling water over cashews and let sit at least 20 minutes)
- 10 medjool dates, pitted
- 1/4 cup hemp hearts
- 1 Tbsp chia seeds
- 1/4 cup unsweetened shredded coconut and more for rolling
- 1 tsp lemon rind
- juice of one lemon (grate the rind and then use the juice)
- Place all ingredients in the blender and pulse until all ingredients are broken down and a sticky dough forms.
- Scoop out of blender and roll into balls, then roll balls in unsweetened shredded coconut.
- Place on a small pan on parchement and place in fridge or freezer to set.
- I like to keep these in the freezer so they last longer but they will store fine in the fridge.
- If they are too wet, consider adding a little more chia or hemp hearts to bulk it up. You want them somewhat sticky though.