Set the stage for your day, clear your sinuses or wind down in the evening by introducing your favourite scents right into your shower!
Don’t have time for a bath but don’t want to miss out including your favourite scents in your cleansing routine? This is a simple recipe to create a vehicle to add your favourite essential oils to, so you can take them into the shower and create an aromatherapy steam. Choose the oil or blend for whatever effect you are seeking such as vitalizing, clearing, relaxing, calming or grounding and then simply add a few drops to the pre -baked shower cakes, let them absorb, and away you go!
Ingredients (makes 6)::
- 1 cup baking soda
- 1/4 cup water
- Essential oils or blends
- Pre-heat oven to 350F.
- Line a muffin tin with 6 cupcake liners.
- Place baking soda in a bowl and then add water. Mix until completely combined. There should not be any dry soda left.
- Scoop the mixture into the liners evenly and press down to flatten.
- Place in oven and bake for 15 minutes.
- Let cool completely and then remove from paper.
- Place about 10 drops of your essential oil or blend onto the cake and let absorb. Store in a sealed container until ready to use.
- Place cake on the floor of the bathtub as you shower and let the scent fill the air as it dissolves.
Add some of this Sinus Support Essential Oil Blend to your shower steamers for cold, flu’s and seasonal allergies.