Don’t let this pesto recipe e-scape your attention!
Mmmmm, I love adding the green flowering tops of garlic into everything when they are coming out of the garden! This scape pesto is no exception! It brings green garlicky goodness and basil together creating a spicy and earthy combo, delicious for sauces and dips! It is also vegan and dairy free but you could add parmesan instead of nutritional yeast for a more traditional flavour.
- Gluten free
- Dairy free
- Refined sugar free
- Nut free
- Mediterranean diet friendly
- Cleanse program friendly
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds, alternatively, you could use pumpkin seeds, walnuts or go more traditional and use pine nuts
- 1 cup garlic scapes, roughly chopped
- 2 cup packed fresh basil
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- Place lemon juice and sunflower seeds in blender and pulse to break up.
- Add Basil and garlic scapes and pulse.
- Add nutritional yeast, salt and olive oil and puree until smooth.
- Option to replace nutritional yeast with 1/3 cup grated parmesan.
Enjoy on pasta, pizza, wraps, roasted veggies, salads and for dipping.
Want more dips and sauces?
Try this Green Onion and Mixed Herb Pesto
Or my personal fave, Cultured Cashew Spread
Looking to improve your diet with more whole foods? A health and Wellness Coach can support you on this journey. Contact me for a free consultation to see if Coaching is for you.