Dip or drizzle, this sauce has your veggies covered!
Tahini is the paste made from toasted sesame seeds and is high in fiber, healthy fats and plenty of vitamins and minerals. This sauce can be made thick and used for a dip or thinned out with water and drizzled over roasted veggies, on salad bowls or in stir-fry. I love it over warm brown rice with roasted beets and yams or tossed with brown rice in a simple summer salad like this Creamy Lemon and Tahini Brown Rice Salad for a great whole grain and plant based main or side dish.
- Gluten free
- Dairy free
- Refined sugar free
- Nut free
- Cleanse program friendly (optional)
- 1/3 cup tahini
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 tbsp Braggs or Tamari sauce
- 1 tbsp maple syrup or honey (omit for cleanse program)
- 1 tbsp fresh ginger, grated
- Water to thin to desired consistency
- Add all ingredients to a blender or use an immersion blender and cup and blend until mixed, adding water a little at a time until desired thinness for dressing.
This sauce works on bowls, like this Build your Own Noodle Bowl recipe, or on grain bowls, steamed vegetables and salads.