It’s green it’s great and it’s gloriously good for you!
This loose leaf herbal green blend is a great daily booster all year round or consider upping your intake during seasonal allergy months to help support your immune system and reduce inflammation in your body. Stinging nettle has been found to play a major role in reducing histamine levels and reducing inflammation, green tea has profound anti-oxidant properties and works against oxidative stress on our cells, rosemary has a natural constituent that can help suppress the inflammatory response and lessen the severity of allergic symptoms and peppermint adds a minty flavour along with a cooling effect to ease the heat of inflammation. This tea blend provides a number of vitamins and minerals, including Vitamin C and iron, is high in anti-oxidants and is safe for consumption all year long. All of these herbs can be found at your local herbal dispensary or health food store.
- Gluten free
- Dairy free
- Refined sugar free
- Nut free
- Cleanse program friendly
- 1/2 cup loose leaf peppermint
- 1/2 cup loose leaf stinging nettle
- 1/4 cup dried rosemary
- 1/4 cup quality loose leaf green tea
- Combine all herbs and evenly mix and store in your favourite tea tin or glass jar.
- Place 2 tbsp of herb mix into a 1 Litre mason jar.
- Bring water to a boil and let cool for a minute or so before pouring over loose herbs.
- Secure lid and let sit 15minutes to an hour, depending on desired strength of infusion.
- Strain, add a tsp of local honey (optional) and sip through out the day.
- Reduce quantity if this volume is more than you desire or store in the fridge and have a cup daily.
- This blend does have green tea so avoid drinking at night if you are sensitive to caffeine.
Want more on managing your seasonal allergies? Check out Top Tips for Managing Seasonal Allergies, Naturally.
And keep your immune system strong all year long with these top tips to boost your immune system for the cold and flu season.