Salty, savory, spicy, crunchy…yum!
Chickpeas are one of the most common beans out there and can be used in a variety of ways from veggie burgers, falafels, hummus, salads and curry’s just to name a few. Here I have roasted them up into crunchy savory little snacks of deliciousness. I love combining them with roasted edamame for a guilt free super snack that keeps the family grabbing a handful every-time they walk by the bowl! High in protein, fiber, vitamins and minerals, these little beans are a great healthy snack and provide rounded nutrition especially for our vegan friends!
- Gluten free
- Dairy free
- Refined sugar free
- Nut free
- Cleanse program friendly
- 1 can chickpeas, about 2 cups, rinsed and drained
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp spice of choice, such as chilli, BBQ, cajun, taco, garlic powder, onion powder, cumin, you choose!
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Pre-heat oven to 375F and line a baking sheet.
- Toss the beans, oil, seasoning and salt and pepper in a mixing bowl and coat evenly.
- Set timer for 20 minutes, remove and stir.
- Set timer an additional 15 minutes, then stir and assess.
- If chickpeas are still quite soft in the centre, place back in oven for another 5 minutes. If they are pretty crunchy already, place back in oven and turn off temperature.
- They should be perfectly crunchy all the way through.
- These can go from just about done to perfect to over done so keep and eye on them as not to burn. You want them fully crunchy and not soft in the middle.
If you collect the little moisture packs from store bought items, these can be place in with your beans in an air tight container for best storage. I leave them cover in a bowl on the counter but they don’t last long enough to go stale!
Try these Roasted Edamame as well
Learn more on Beans and Legumes – A healthy Diet Choice