A plant based punch for dinner or lunch!
Looking to add more anti-inflammatory foods into your diet? This salad is loaded with a balanced combination of anti-inflammatory rich foods great for supporting your body through allergy season, reducing the effects of stress, increasing vital nutrients and combatting oxidative damage in your cells. Add this to your meal plan regularly for a hit of the really good stuff!
- Gluten free
- Dairy free
- Refined sugar free
- 3 cups washed kale, any variety, de-ribbed and torn into smaller pieces
- 3 cups mixed greens such as spinach, arugula, mustard greens, turnip greens, mixed baby greens or spicy green blends
- 1/4 cup finely chopped parsley
- 1/3 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1 cup roasted walnuts
- 1 cup fresh sliced strawberries
- 1 cup sliced tomato, cherry or field
- Juice of 1/2 orange, fresh squeezed
- 1/3 cup olive oil, flaxseed oil or MCT coconut oil
- 1 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp local honey (optional)
- 1-2 cloves minced garlic
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cubed mozzarella or cheddar
- Crumbled feta
- Garbanzo beans
- Other veggies you love such as grated beets, carrots, cucumber and bell peppers
- Roasted pumpkin, sunflower or almond slivers instead or in addition to walnuts
- Wash and spin greens and tear into bite size pieces and place in a bowl.
- Chop parsley, tomatoes, red onion and strawberries and ad to greens.
- Roast walnuts or other seeds in a toaster oven or in a small fry pan on the stove, careful not to burn. Sprinkle nuts or seeds over top and keep separate as they go soggy if packaged up with left overs.
- Combine all ingredients for salad dressing and mix with a whisk or immersion blender.
- Sprinkle cheese or chickpeas on top (optional) and drizzle dressing over salad.
- Store dressing in a glass jar in the fridge along with any left over ingredients.
*Note: I like to wash extra greens and store them in a container, ready to go, for any time of day.
I put this salad together to help support the immune system for spring allergies but this is a great salad all year round as it is nutrient dense, full of fiber and all the right nutrition for healthy living.
For more on managing seasonal allergies check out Top Tips for Managing Seasonal Allergies, Naturally.
Or boost your system and reduce inflammation with this Nourishing Green Goddess Tea Blend for Seasonal Allergies and Everyday Vitality.
Want more summer salads?
Are you curious about learning more about whole food and plant based diets to improve your health and vitality? We can explore this in the Health Coaching environment. Contact me for a free consultation to find out if health Coaching may be right for you.