Move over coleslaw there’s a Super Slaw in town!
It came down to this…I was soon to be out of the house for a few days and was on a mission to use everything in the fridge and not spend any money on groceries before our trip. I had a quarter of a red cabbage, half a red onion, 3 leaves of kale, one large carrot and what remained of my kitchen sprouts. So I threw it all together with one of my go to salad dressings and it was so perfectly tasty, I thought I would turn it into a blog recipe! Everything in this combo is power packed with nutrients, from the veggie selection to the dressing, making it a “super slaw”! Makes a great side.
- Gluten free
- Dairy free
- Refined sugar free
- Nut free
- 3-4 large kale leaves, any variety, ribs removed, finely sliced
- 1 – 1 1/2 cup red cabbage, finely sliced
- 1 large carrot, grated
- 1 – 1 1/2 cup salad sprouts, could use sprouted lentils here as well
- 1/4 cup red onion, finely diced (optional)
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds
- Place all salad ingredients in a bowl and use about half of the dressing called for in the dressing recipe. Start with less dressing and add more to your taste preference. Mix thoroughly to combine.
- Serve immediately or chill in the fridge until needed.
Want more salad recipes?
Homemade Caesar Salad with Candied Yam Croutons-Gluten and Dairy free